Janelle Barrington Spivey
Biography / Artist Statement
Janelle Barrington Spivey has been a resident of Lubbock since 1997 when she transferred with American Airlines to continue her career here.
After 20 years of working in the travel industry while pursuing her art on the side, Janelle made the decision to retire from the airlines in 2016 to fulfill her dreams and become a full-time artist.
Since then she hasn’t looked back and continues to move forward with her career in the arts.
Janelle’s passion for various art forms has inspired her to create more than 150 pieces of original art, each year.
Her work has been exhibited in multiple Galleries and Businesses that include:
• Tornado Gallery in Lubbock
• The Louise Hopkins Underwood Center for the Arts in Lubbock
• McLarry Modern Gallery in Santa Fe
• Rick Husband International Airport in Amarillo
• McPherson Cellars in Lubbock
• The Funky Door in Lubbock
• Trilogy Cellars in Levelland
• The Wine Nest in Lubbock
• Hemline Lubbock
• Lubbock WTHBA Parade of Homes and Lubbock WTHBA Fall Home Tours
• Canyon Road Contemporary Art in Santa Fe
• First Place – Juried Gallery – Lubbock Arts Festival
• The Medici Circle 5×7 in Lubbock
• Art on the Llano Estacado Exhibition in Lubbock
• Burklee Hill Vineyards wine labels